EcommerceBytes Letters to the Editor Letters to the Editor
Your emails to EcommerceBytes
For consideration, send your email to ina@auctionbytes.com with "Letters to the Editor Web log" in the bailiwick line! Remember to include your name as you would like it to appear in the weblog.
Tue Dec xv 2020 22:43:15

Mercari Makeup Transaction Gets Ugly

By: Reader

Sponsored Link

Dear Ina,

I thought I would give Mercari a try. I quit Amazon a couple years ago, I yet have my Etsy and eBay accounts. I sell for a living and have done pretty good. But of class comes unacceptable situations like this.

I went on an Ulta Haul and bought also much makeup because it was on auction. Meh. I got more Ulta points out of the deal I figured.

So, after it was sitting in the Ulta bag still after three months, I listed a huge lot for sale. I made sure to list the colors, I accept an inhouse professional person photo room. I always make sure to put expiration dates. I always, always, take a blackness marker and strike the UPC code to foreclose abuse return too.

In my list I made clear I can not accept returns peculiarly due to the pandemic. I ask that if a customer has never used the brands and likes to return all the fourth dimension to delight not buy off me. That terminal sentence has inspired other sellers to put the same thing in. Buyers understand they are getting a deal. My feedback across all boards 4.99 out of five.00 I am not bragging just stating facts.

So I list my listing and of course I am bombarded with low ball offers "merely because" every bit one buyer says; "Mercari encourages us to negotiate."

Anyway after 3 days my $250 makeup lot sold for $90 + $10 shipping - what I listed information technology at. I thought cool, made $30 off it. The day it was delivered the heir-apparent started a return.

Mercari has no organisation for opening a instance - nothing. They can send you anything back in the mail. She sends it back and half the stuff is missing!!!!! There was so much rolled up craft paper to make the weight heavier. When I say so much craft paper I hateful at least iv rolls crumbled up. I was livid.

I was livid because of course, later on information technology was marked delivered back to me the buyer was automatically refunded. I had no manner to dispute - half the stuff was missing every bit I said above.

I took the rest of my listings downwardly. Screw that. I put a message up on my bio explaining the reason I left and gave out the offender'southward username (she has a shop believe it or not) and you would non believe the number of messages I got on the other platforms (I sell under one proper noun). This not nice person does it because she knows she tin get away with information technology.

Amy

Comments (26) | Leave Annotate | Permalink
Click to view more comments
12 [ Side by side Page ]

Login is required to mail comments.
To sign in to leave a comment, fill in the form below. If y'all have not yet signed up for AB Verify, or if you'd like more information, go to the Registration Page
.